We welcome faculty-led groups throughout the year and for any duration. The programs and courses during the summer and semester provide a basic guideline to the academic resources and topics that may be combined with a program of related excursions, professional visits, and travel in Central Europe. While the Summer School is specifically structured to accommodate faculty-led groups, we host groups during spring breaks, Maymesters, and throughout the year. Contact us for more information.[masterslider id=”2″]
This Summer School structure is designed to allow for faculty-led group integration in various formats:
- Recruitment only and or recruitment with accompanying faculty member (or graduate student/TA) for additional student support.
- Faculty leader teaches a supporting course (from 1 US semester credit) while students enroll in the standard courses as offered by the Summer School.
- Faculty leader teachers a full 3 US semester credit course during one of the blocks, taking advantage of the Summer School infrastructure (housing, excursions, travel). Participants may or may not opt to take a course in the other block or an internship as provided by the Summer School.
- Faculty leader may work with the instructor of one of the current or potential Summer School courses to provide the course (as is or modified) to his/her group of students only. In the case of a group of 10+ students all seeking to take the same course, this would be necessary.
- Ready infrastructure – stability with flexibility
- Orientation and other materials set for location
- Cost efficiency – significant discounts based on group size, ability to roll in faculty costs
- Greater marketing reach – attract participants from multiple disciplines
- Partial or full integration with students from other schools
- Interaction with local and other visiting faculty
- Can be integrated with “global campus” requirements, including linking to spring courses at home